At ESL Gaming, we bring moments of magic and provide skills for thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves having enabled and empowered the global esports industry for more than two decades – “Creating a World Where Everybody can be Somebody”. Our Passion, Craft and DNA are to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues and events through our millions of players, fans, heroes, through our people, and culture. That is our Superpower and now we are interested in yours! This is one of many reasons why ESL is a magical workplace where anything is possible and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Are you ready for a Game-Changing Career Experience?
As Accounting Manager, Accounts Payable at ESL, you are surrounded by some of the brightest minds in gaming. Our hierarchies are flat, and your ideas and opinions are constantly in demand. Each day will be met with complex and challenging tasks we are going to solve together. Quick decision making allows us to create products & events which shape and define the nature of the esports market. We value team chemistry and teamwork above anything else, creating a friendly and fast paced work environment.
As an Accounting Manager, Accounts Payable, you will be part of our Global Accounting team that is responsible for ensuring that all internal and external reporting requirements are met and day-to-day operations and specifically closing and consolidation of domestic and foreign subsidiaries are running. The Accounting Manager will adhere to accounting governance plans and processes to timely generate accounting information, reporting requirements, and ensure quality of financial information.
The Accounting Manager, Accounts Payable reports to our VP Accounting and would lead a team of 5 Accounts Payable Specialist. This position is based out of our office in Cologne, Germany. We are currently operating in a remote work environment due to COVID-19, however, this role will be expected to be in the office on a flexible schedule once restrictions are lifted.
What you’ll do:
- Perform accounting & accounting governance services for a number of countries to enhance financial data quality, achieve compliance, implement controls and manage risk appropriately
- Receive, process, verify, and reconcile invoices from vendors to ensure accuracy in billing
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transaction
- Record entries as needed for intercompany payable transactions
- Adhere to compliance and robust controls for accounting & accounting governance
- Ensure preparation of financial statements as per accounting and accounting governance guidelines and timely implementation of changes to conform to relevant financial standards and to achieve a clean external audit report
- Assist with the preparation of P&L and balance sheet analysis that supports notes and management commentary in the statutory financial accounts and reports
- Assist with monthly closing to achieve compliance with global requirements
- Support fixed assets accounting
- Prepare monthly VAT and quarterly WHT returns
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree with a discipline in controlling, accounting or finance preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a similar accounting role, preferably with a minimum of 1 year team management experience
- Experience with German accounting principles and tax regulations at a GmbH entity is highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in the English & German language, both spoken and written
- Able to communicate clearly and enforce deadlines to stakeholders within and beyond the finance community, including senior management
- Skilled in solving problem in a complex environment and can manage extensive investigations and analysis
- Hands-on mentality in a dynamic work environment
ESL Gaming is the world’s leading esports company. For more than two decades, we have been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation globally across the most popular video games, creating a comprehensive ecosystem with opportunities for players to go from zero to hero, and for fans to witness the best stories esports has to offer. Our portfolio consists of high-profile products such as the DreamHack Festivals, ESL Pro Tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Mobile, and many more, ranging from grassroots to global elite competitions. ESL Gaming is part of ESL Faceit Group. More information is available at about.eslgaming.com.
ESL Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.