This role has the primary responsibility for revenue generation by creating sales opportunities, developing partnership proposals and supporting the broader team in achieving the successful sales of esports and gaming products and services. Further, this position will serve as the sales lead for SPORTFIVE US-based client Immortals Gaming Club
- Key member of the US Commercial team with a primary focus on generating revenue across SPORTFIVE’s esports and gaming rights holder clients – these include publishers, leagues, teams and jewel events.
- Work with the US Commercial team, SPORTFIVE esports subject matter experts and our expansive global sales network, to manage internal sales processes around esports strategy, rightsholder development and management, and commercial sales.
- Develop, lead and manage sales pitch process, including proposal development, pitch presentations(s), negotiation of terms and contract completion.
- Conduct smart, proactive, strategic outreach to potential property and brand clients and their key stakeholders.
- Build and maintain an active pipeline of prospects by using macro and micro market trends, sound product knowledge and deep understanding of brand marketing to strategically identify relevant clients.
- Monitor all relevant media and trade journals to identify new esports business sector opportunities.
- Manage RFIs/RFPs – working with internal business leaders to ensure deadlines met and best work product is presented.
- Work with internal stakeholders to support thought leadership for and promotion of SPORTFIVE esports business unit growth.
- Work closely with S5 HQ Germany to develop key value propositions, product opportunities, sales materials and data/insight analytics, to ensure sales propositions are robust and compelling
- Liase with SPORTFIVE international territories and subsidiary agencies where necessary to work collaboratively on relevant projects
- Work with internal CRM team to manage reporting.
- Base salary commensurate with experience
- Individual performance commissions
- Annual group performance bonus
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3-5+ years of esports-specific or relevant property and/or agency experience, within sports & entertainment.
- Ideal candidate would have experience with esports or traditional sports sponsorship sales and possess a strong understanding of rightsholder development and management.
- Must maintain a proven track record of generating revenue with consistent, positive results.
- Possess a working knowledge of media and content development.
- Team player that is aggressive, takes initiative and leads.
- Domestic and some international travel may be required for this role.
- Must have strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Deadline driven, organized and able to multi-task.
- Proficient in Microsoft office, sales CRM, and Apple programs (e.g., Keynote).