G2 is one of the world’s leading entertainment and esports brands. G2 was co-founded in 2015 by legendary League of Legends player-turned-team owner, Carlos ‘ocelote’ Rodriguez, and veteran esports entrepreneur and investor, Jens Hilgers. In the past five years, G2 has built a global fanbase of over 35 million fans spanning EMEA, North American, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
We are hiring a Financial Director to join G2 and lead our Finance and Legal team.The function strives to build strong processes and shape a clear finance strategy.
Do you have a passion for working in a dynamic environment, dealing with complex issues and creating strategic value? Are you capable and excited to guide a management’s team decision-making, and help grow our Finance department? Do you think you can contribute to G2 success and take our organization to the next level?
The successful candidate in this role combines a diverse breath of experiences in strategic senior finance roles, at least 5 years of developing proven financial strategies as well as a capacity to successfully engage with shareholder external partners and lead a team.
This is a full time position who will directly report to G2’s General Manager. The place of work will be determined during the interview process.
- Implement and oversee the companies financial planning framework
- Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO and members of the executive management team
- Oversea and manage the entire G2 Finance team
- Advise on long-term business and financial planning
- Manage the processes for financial forecasting, budgets and oversee the preparation of all financial reporting
- Ensure cash flow is properly planned and monitored for the organization’s operations
- Advise in the creation of our US entity and expansion
- Lead yearly tax and year end closing audits
- Advise on and execute future financing rounds
- Lead communication between shareholders and G2 Finance Team
- Advise on and execute corporate / Intercompany structure changes
- Multi organisational experience with US entities including entity creation
- Proven experience as Financial Director
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- Esports/Gaming/Entertainment/Sports background is a plus