Who we are searching for:
- You are enthusiastic, eager to operate complex tasks and able to think outside the box.
- You want to work with an international team of engineers on innovative solutions and new approaches.
As a full-time IT Solutions Architect in the Digital Business Solutions department, you will join a team of passionate coworkers and support the ESL tech branch with your expertise. You will support existing projects as well as launching new ones wherever you see room for improvement. You are responsible for leading and implementing the tech infrastructure within the department. You will lead research, evaluation, and implementation of new solutions. From the first concept to rolling out the final solution, it’s all in your hands.
The IT Solutions Architect reports to our Head of IT Office & Projects and is a part of our Global Corporate IT team. This is a remote position with the ideal candidate residing in Europe, preferably in the GMT+1 time zone.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Digital Business Solutions with hands-on programming experience (Python)
- Deploying and maintaining cloud infrastructure (mostly AWS)
- Drive technical implementations (timelines & progress, deadlines, resolve blockers)
- Come up with new technical setups based on verbalized needs or based on your own experience how to improve
- Evaluate and onboard new tools in regard to business needs
- Create executive summaries for the decision making process on new tech stacks
- Coordinate and facilitate all communication, including organising regular meetings
- Verify and support the correct usage of the implementations you created
What you need:
- Proven track record as a Solutions Architect or similar role for at least 3 years
- An understanding of modern IT setups / best practices (e.g. cloud setups, deployment technologies, databases, RESTful APIs, Web Technologies)
- Analytical mindset, a problem-solving aptitude and most importantly a can-do-attitude that gets people excited inside and outside of the department
- You are a leading personality; you know how to inspire people to make a project successful
- Possess excellent technical problem solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience in containerised application development (Docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Worked with Jira / Confluence / Gitlab
- Experience in Terraform and CI/CD workflows (GitLab)
- Experience with Linux system administration (Debian/Amazon Linux)
- A profound understanding of networking layers
- Keen gamer/esports fan
ESL Gaming is the world’s largest esports and gaming lifestyle company. Since 1994, the company has been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation on a global scale across the most popular video games with numerous online and offline esports competitions, and through premier gaming lifestyle festivals. The company operates high-profile, branded international leagues and tournaments under the ESL Pro Tour, including ESL One, Intel® Extreme Masters, DreamHack Masters, ESL Pro League, and other preeminent, stadium-size tournaments. ESL Gaming also produces and hosts DreamHack Open tournaments, ESL National Championships, grassroots amateur cups, matchmaking systems, and DreamHack’s gaming lifestyle festivals — which feature everything gaming under one roof. ESL Gaming is part of MTG, the leading international digital entertainment group. More information is available at about.eslgaming.com.
ESL Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.