G2 is one of the world’s leading entertainment and esports brands. G2 was co-founded in 2015 by legendary League of Legends player-turned-team owner, Carlos ‘ocelote’ Rodriguez, and veteran esports entrepreneur and investor, Jens Hilgers. In the past five years, G2 has built a global fanbase of over 35 million fans spanning EMEA, North American, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
G2 is looking for a Junior IT Specialist to join our Office team and to provide technical assistance to our staff. In this role, your duties will include ensuring optimal use of our hardware and software technologies, enhancing system performance, and securing data. You will also be required to advise on IT equipment upgrades. This is a full time position based in our headquarters in Berlin who will directly report to our Head of HR.
- Provide desktop and facilities support; investigate, troubleshoot, and fix IT problems; use IT systems and procedures to continuously improve methods to provide more great service.
- You will manage vendor relationships (etailers/retailers) and maintain IT inventory
- Troubleshoot and repair infrastructure and hardware including printers, workstations, print servers, phones, monitors, and AV equipment
- Communicate with the Head of IT Operations to provide important status updates and ensure compliance with standards and security policies; provide itinerant support, documentation, and training for new employees
- Grow and evolve current G2 systems and tools, improving efficiency and collaboration between employees; provide tech support for various projects across the company
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technology field is preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in a customer focused position involving technical knowledge of a companies’ products and services
- Interest in learning and taking on increasingly complex tasks
- Ability to work individually and within a team
- Independent ability to research technical problems and solutions
- Strong organizational and detail-oriented work ethic
- Willingness to work flexible/odd hours at times, based on needs
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Fluent in German & English
- Having a driving license is a plus
Your benefits working at G2 Esports:
Perks: Competitive salary; great IT equipment; flexible working times; G2 Esports Welcome Pack; and more !
Work Culture & environment: Working in the center of Berlin, you will be surrounded by international, experienced, successful and ambitious co-workers that will push you to your limits in a positive and inspiring working atmosphere! A workplace where loyalty, trust, empowerment and feedback are valued.
Development: Work closely with one of the best companies within esports and access a wide network of respectable people and structures in and outside of the industry.