The Managing Director will plan, develop, and drive the local entity business in the Nordics region. You will lead the implementation of the country level business strategy and be accountable for the country’s business results to achieve short and long term financial and operational objectives (profitability, revenue, productivity and market share) in line with ESL vision and strategy, standards and guidelines.
The Managing Director reports to the Vice President International Operations and will be part of our Global Operations team. This position is based out of our office in Stockholm, Sweden.
What you’ll do:
- Successfully manage and lead a product and fan focused organization, with direct responsibility for the sales of local products such as DreamHack Summer/Winter & Nordic Championship and launching of new ones.
- Build out the local sales & marketing team, while also utilizing ESL global services around the world (broadcast, event, finance, accounting, etc.).
- Work closely with global commercial teams and follow the global guidelines to increase monetization of our audience by creating sales inventory and opportunities through the combination of local audience on global products and local products across the ESL and DreamHack brands.
- Ensure ESL’s long-term business strategy in the Nordic market is executed.
- Ensure country’s P&Ls (EBITA etc.), cost and revenue management are in line with business strategy and company goals.
- Grow ESL’s brand and monetization throughout the Nordic region (Sweden, Denmark, Finland & Norway)
- Expand DreamHack festivals and Local products to Denmark, Norway and Finland, in line with the Nordics strategy
- Create Regional packages in cooperation with Commercial team to enable sales of the combined Nordics inventory
- Grow ESL’s brand with consumers by identifying localization opportunities across the existing portfolio of global product content (localized content and new packaging) and local products
- Grow ESL’s fanbase through the creation and development of local products across locally relevant game titles from the ESL international toolbox
- Represent ESL amongst local industry, business and press opportunities
- Legal responsibility for the Swedish entity including but not limited to acting within local laws and regulations.
- Nordics P&L accountability
- Identify growth opportunities and successfully deliver against the Nordics strategy
- Generate business development opportunities within the region and for the ESL business globally
- Support commercial activities for high profile deals
- Assess and report regional performance including financial performance, (P&L) and budget and recommend plans for improvement
- Resolve conflicts/ issues and ensure effective execution for critical areas such as matters related to product and market strategy, business development, investments, etc.
- Strong understanding of the Nordic market
Experienced commercial business leader with business experience in the Nordics Strong business acumen
- Fluent and proficient in English and Swedish
Preferred but not required: Entrepreneurial experience
- Work with ESL’s core clients and partners and align their interests with ESL’s interest
- Extensive contact and negotiating with internal commercial revenue owners
- Close coordination with internal global product team to ensure locally relevant product toolkit and global product presence in the Nordic market
- Influence and challenge key stakeholders effectively
- Ensure appropriate talent selection, organization effectiveness and leadership for the Nordic Market
- Develop short to long-term (1-2 years) plans for optimizing the regional setup to execute the Nordic strategy
What you need:
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent work experience
- More than 5 years of leadership with a commercial background
ESL Gaming is the world’s largest esports and gaming lifestyle company. Since 1994, the company has been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation on a global scale across the most popular video games with numerous online and offline esports competitions, and through premier gaming lifestyle festivals. The company operates high-profile, branded international leagues and tournaments under the ESL Pro Tour, including ESL One, Intel® Extreme Masters, DreamHack Masters, ESL Pro League, and other preeminent, stadium-size tournaments. ESL Gaming also produces and hosts DreamHack Open tournaments, ESL National Championships, grassroots amateur cups, matchmaking systems, and DreamHack’s gaming lifestyle festivals — which feature everything gaming under one roof. ESL Gaming is part of MTG, the leading international digital entertainment group. More information is available at about.eslgaming.com.
ESL Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.