Who We Are
Cloud9 Esports is the premier esports organization in the world. Fielding twelve professional teams in eleven different games, Cloud9’s reach is unparalleled – generating more viewer hours than cable networks like CNN or ESPN. In 2017, Nielsen declared Cloud9 as the most recognized esports brand in the US and UK. Cloud9 is one of two organizations globally to own franchises in both the League of Legends LCS and the Overwatch League.
What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a highly skilled Marketing Director to help us promote our offerings, and identify what consumers want so we can create more. Our ideal candidate will have extensive marketing experience and a comprehensive knowledge of branding. The Marketing Director will oversee Cloud9 Esports’ marketing ventures and the Marketing department. This person will design, implement, and monitor effective marketing strategies that align with the company’s business goals. The ideal candidate has a solid Marketing background and work experience managing a variety of promotional projects end-to-end, including paid advertising campaigns and digital marketing techniques. If you have an understanding of what makes people tick and want to deliver solutions that make a difference, we would love to meet you.
This role will report to the VP of Partnerships and Sales, and work closely with the Cloud9 Content, Creative, and Partnership teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the development of our marketing plans by working closely with clients, management, creative and content teams, and distribution partners, to create an effective and efficient marketing strategy focused on growing audiences for our products and services
- Oversee and grow the marketing department, consistently identifying revenue opportunities within our established client base and managing consistent growth by securing new accounts
- Understand key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, campaign results, and consumer trends in order to translate results into actionable insights for marketing team
- Supervise the department and provide guidance and feedback to other marketing professionals
- Identify short-term and long-term scheduling, budget, and resource needs, including the development and management of an annual marketing budget, profit/loss projections, expenditure spending, and other financial considerations
- Become the organization’s agent towards external parties such as media, stakeholders and potential clients and build strategic partnerships
- Hold regular meetings with account managers to review pipeline, resolve challenges, and present possible solutions, and provide ongoing training to ensure team consistently performs above standard
- Prepare regular reports and presentations on marketing metrics for the Executive team
- Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience as Marketing Director
- 3+ years of experience in managing a team
- BSc/BA in business administration, marketing and communications or relevant field preferred but not required
- Excellent leadership, communication, and decision making skills
- Up to speed with current and online marketing techniques and best practices
- Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing successful digital marketing campaigns
- Strong understanding of how all current digital marketing channels function
- Solid knowledge of online marketing tools (ex: Sprout Social, Google Analytics)
- Some domestic and international traveling will be required
What are some pluses:
- Experience in Esports Leagues that Cloud9 is involved in: League of Legends, Valorant, Rainbow Six, Apex Legends, and Wild Rift
- Marketing Certifications
- Marketing portfolio or sample work to share
- Medical, dental, vision, HSA, and a matching 401K!
- We believe in work/life balance and hence we offer a generous paid time off policy.
- Fast-paced environment within a rapidly growing company.
- Access to industry-leading esports resources and community.
- Part of a winning team with a growth mindset.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cloud9 Esports is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunity to individuals who are qualified to perform job requirements regardless of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital or domestic partnership status, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Cloud9 is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cloud9 will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.