The global esports market generated over $1 billion in annual revenues in 2021; that’s a 50% increase from last year, driven primarily from sponsorships and advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans. Breaking records is part of the game, and we’re just getting started! Who’s we? Team Liquid (TL) is a world-renowned professional esports organization with offices in Santa Monica, CA, and the Netherlands; also ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes. We’re currently competing in over 15 different esports titles. We’re well on our way to helping shape the world of esports, all thanks to our incredible fans, athletes, influencers, content creators, Liquid+, and Liquipedia (the world’s most extensive esports wiki).
Are you pressing the pulse of culture? Do you use your voice to help people see eye to eye and enjoy communicating ideas and concepts creatively to include everyone on the ride? Do you have experience building complex marketing programs and reporting on the results? If so, you could be a perfect fit for the Marketing Lead role available at Team Liquid. We work with some of the world’s biggest and most well-known brands. Honda, Alienware, Coinbase, IMC, Verizon, and many more. We’re looking for a Marketing Lead who can help bring to life our commitments with our sponsors in ways that position our fans first.
In the Marketing Lead role, you will be the cornerstone of all our biggest partnerships with three simple goals, build brand love, build fandom and build an audience. You will be responsible for developing, executing, and delivering end-to-end multi-channel marketing programs that achieve company and client objectives, collaborating with creatives to conduct brainstorming sessions to direct, manage and execute the creative vision.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Leading the development and execution of end-to-end multi-channel marketing programs, and plans, organizing complex deliverable matrixes into simple campaigns across the prospect and customer lifecycle.
- Strategizing on what work will really move the needle with our audiences.
- Gaining an understanding of our audiences at a deep level to connect with them.
- Partnering with the marketing and sales team to establish budget guidelines, set expectations around timelines, ensuring the alignment of team priorities that achieve company and client objectives when executing high-quality deliverables, communications, and messaging across all channels and segments.
- Presenting ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, and communicate with senior leaders about marketing programs, strategies, and budgets.
- Measuring and reporting on the performance of marketing campaigns, creating, maintaining, and distributing monthly marketing reports showing the achievement of critical metrics to gain insight and assess against goals.
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of marketing experience.
- Experience building marketing campaigns and reporting on the results
- Strong problem-solving ability, including metrics-driven thinking.
- Proven track record of experience successfully managing other creatives, partners, and stakeholder management.
- An understanding of what our competitors are doing to promote fandom and engagement
- You likely have some agency and in-house experience as a brand builder and marketer.
- Extensive working knowledge of earned media and paid media strategies
- You have strong presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- You understand what it takes to build strong business cases.