The North American Social Media Specialist will be working across the Marketing team (Content, Creators, Social, Brand, Events and Digital) as well as directly with Partnerships to bring our renowned social media presence and banter to the NA audience.
You must have a strong understanding of social media and branding, as you will be responsible for bringing the G2 brand to life in NA, supporting our HQ in Europe while being the primary point of contact for our North American social media operations. You will be responsible for day-to-day social media interactions and promotional activities, community activities, and game and broadcast coverage. Your focus will be on growing the G2 brand and presence within NA time zones and amplifying our brand, players and creators efforts. And of course, you’ll be responsible for bringing the G2 banter that we’re renowned for.
Our Social Media / Community Specialist has to be reliable, well-organized, and have a creative spark. We expect you to be innovative, proactive, and speak the community language. An excellent understanding of new and popular trends as well as esports knowledge of at least one of our main teams is a must. You are also expected to be knowledgeable in analytics and reporting practices and be data-driven.
You will have the support of our core staff and content team in Berlin and are expected to work alongside them. However, you should be comfortable working autonomously and self sufficiently. Candidates residing in North America are highly preferred.
- Responsible for managing our community and Social Media accounts on: Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Instagram, TikTok, Steam, Discord, dedicated esports or game forums/communities, and any additional platform the club decides to use or our teams/creators are affiliated with.
- Content development and creation, including copywriting, posting, community management and interaction, and developing ideas and concepts.
- Execute game and broadcast coverage for teams, creators, and events.
- Handle social image and video asset requests from and to players/creators to support all relevant promotional activity and campaign activation
- Execute commercial and partnership requests related to players as required, requesting any support assets from Marketing where needed
- Highly Communicative – you know how to stir up great conversation, foster engagement and interaction, and listen and relay to others what the community and our partners require and desire.
- Proactive and well-organized – you do not wait to be told what to do, you plan in advance, react flexibly on occuring news and always have some evergreen posts ready.
- Do not copy others but create our own – you are ahead of the curve in terms of content originality, creating new, original, meaningful and entertaining content.
- Excellent grasp on what our community savours – you can demonstrate expert knowledge on current trends and recent happenings in the esports industry as a whole.
- Reddit Analyst and Twitter expert – you always look for the freshest memes, discussion topics, and tendencies within online communities, especially for esports.
- Able and willing to travel to the most relevant G2 events
- 2 years of experience as a social media/community specialist, or similar role. Esports experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Proactive attitude.
- Good communication and coordination skills. Experience working and coordinating with international team members is a plus.
- Native level oral and written communication in English.
- Enthusiasm and ambition to be the best.
- Curiosity – you want to be the first to know things and share it with G2 fans.
- Experience in working with Google Suite and/or Office applications such as Powerpoint, Excel and Word or similar.
- Experience working with Adobe Photoshop and Premiere.
- Availability to work on a full-time basis.
- Keen interest in esports is required.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with an esports community, team, organization or similar.
- Experience in Creative Marketing.
- Experience with data analysis, reporting, and providing insight.
- Hootsuite, Hubspot, Sprout Social, or similar Content Management System experience managing and publishing through multiple social media networks.
What is like working at G2 Esports?
Work Culture. You will be surrounded by experienced, successful and ambitious co-workers that will push you to your limits in a positive and inspiring working atmosphere. A workplace where loyalty, trust, empowerment and feedback are valued.
Development. Get mentored by one of the best within esport and access a wide network of respectable people and companies inside and outside of the industry.