Founded in 2000, ESL has been developed into the world’s largest esports company leading the industry across the most popular video games with numerous online and offline competitions. It operates high profile, branded international leagues and tournaments such as ESL One, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Pro League and other top tier stadium-size events, as well as ESL National Championships, grassroots amateur cups and matchmaking systems, defining the path from zero to hero as short as possible. With offices all over the world, ESL is leading esports forward on a global scale. ESL is a part of MTG, the leading international digital entertainment group.
The Product Manager works independently and collaboratively to perform the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee product vision & strategy.
- Develop and oversee the planning, development and execution of Products that sit within the ESL Pro Tour (EPT) for CS:GO from start to finish.
- Assist with developing the EPT strategy and values – worldwide.
- Create and learn role-related processes, procedures, and best practices.
- Contribute to defining product KPIs + measure program success over time.
- Manage, support, and hold accountable the support resources tied to cross department functions to organize online competitions and high profile esports events.
- Responsible for keeping stakeholders up to date through creating and presenting internal and external reports.
- Build and maintain relationships with people across the company and in the community.
- Contribute to new business development and thought leadership opportunities.
- Keep abreast of changes in area(s) of expertise and responsibility via participation in ongoing professional development and training.
- Perform other duties, functions, responsibilities, projects and provide assistance as necessary.
- Around 5 years of esports, Project or Product Management experience (or other relevant experience).
- An incredibly high standard of the English language, both spoken and written, is essential. Required for interactions across the organization, leading meetings and presenting ideas.
- A passion for Counter-Strike Global Offensive and its community with motivation to push the boundaries of competitive gaming.
- An ability to take initiative while balancing multiple tasks simultaneously, in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment.
- In-depth knowledge of the video game market and industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google software applications-e.g., all office products and Google apps.
- A highly collaborative spirit and detail-oriented focus.
- Seamlessly perform under pressure and deliver results in a fast-paced environment that require fresh thinking and innovation.
Nice to have:
- Must be eligible to work in Germany.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Marketing, Business, or equivalent.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks resulting in consistent productivity.
- Ability to meet accuracy and productivity goals.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills.
- Demonstrate effective, accurate and clear communication with excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, social media, reading, phone and customer service skills in accordance with role.
- Respond to others in a timely and courteous manner.
- Define and prioritze realistic and specific goals and objectives.
- Use strong project management, organizational and time management skills to complete work with accuracy and exceptional attention to detail.
We are an incredibly fast-paced digital company, driven by the passion for creating this new chapter of the sports-entertainment history. We value independent minds, initiative, and a start-up mindset. We give quickly responsibilities and opportunities, with us you really can be somebody and have a positive impact.
You feel ready for the challenge to work at ESL? Please fill in our application form including your earliest starting date and your desired salary. Please add the requested documents in PDF format.
Any certificates you want to send us additionally can be attached to either your CV or your cover letter.