META Games is a self-publishing development studio creating mobile games for Esports fans. Our vision is “Live your Esports passion!” – for our players and ourselves. Our mission is to offer fun and authentic mobile games that will be enjoyed by millions of Esports enthusiasts around the globe.
We are looking to expand our project team (based in Berlin) with an experienced Project Manager. You will work directly with designers, artists and developers, using methods of agile management to establish and maintain processes, manage task and information flow and lead multiple departments through pre-production, planning, estimations and delivery, making sure our product updates are delivered on time and in amazing quality. Your decisions will matter from day one and you’ll be paving the way for further expansion of the company and its game portfolio. You’ll be reporting directly to the Head of Product, having all the support you need to build a fun, high-quality profitable game.
- Working with the project team (departments of game design, UI/UX and development) and leading them through all phases of planning and execution, from epics in the roadmap, to precise and detailed user stories, to estimations and sprint planning, to delivery and testing, and to releasing.
- Collecting feedback from the team and updating our work processes accordingly, to improve both quality of our releases and convenience of our work.
- Analysing the results of our work and keeping track of our performance to further improve on our planning capabilities.
- Together with the Head of Product, helping to shape the project roadmap that’d allow us to be as productive as possible while keeping our stress level low.
- Assisting department leads in managing outsource specialists when necessary.
- Managing our platforms for task-tracking and documentation.
- Assisting game design and community management departments in collecting user feedback (community feedback sessions, play-tests, beta-track bug report collection).
- You have 4+ years in Project Management in the industry of Mobile Free-to-Play Games.
- You have great knowledge of best practices of agile development, Scrum or Kanban (ideally both) and have applied these practices yourself in multiple teams/companies.
- You are great with people and enjoy interacting with them. You can find a way to efficiently communicate to anyone, from a junior artist to an experienced tech-lead.
- You stay on the light side, leading people without being authoritarian, guiding them through earned respect rather than bureaucracy and politics.
- You are a problem solver at heart, willing to learn what you don’t know and are proactively looking for answers.
- You live what you preach and are an example to the team, sparring about ideas with your peers, leaving egos at the door.
- You have excellent verbal and written English (English is the official language of Meta Games, so all communications, spoken or written, are done in English).
- You follow Esports and used to play (or still play) MOBAs and/or Shooters.
- You have experience in another field in the mobile games industry, e.g. game design, UI/UX, development, testing.
- You have shipped at least 1 mobile free-2-play title as a project manager, from the start, to soft launch, to global launch.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary in a well-funded gaming studio, which you still help to shape
- The opportunity to work in the most exciting industries in the world – Esports and Gaming
- The ability to own your work, but to collaborate with a knowledgeable and enthusiastic team.
- To apply please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org