The global esports market generated over $1 billion in annual revenues in 2021; that’s a 50% increase from last year, driven primarily from sponsorships and advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans. Breaking records is part of the game, and we’re just getting started! Who’s we? Team Liquid (TL) is a world-renowned professional esports organization, with offices in Santa Monica, CA, and the Netherlands, also ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes. We’re currently competing in over 15 different esports titles. We’re well on our way to helping shape the world of esports, all thanks to our incredible fans, athletes, influencers, content creators, Liquid+, and Liquipedia (the world’s most extensive esports wiki).
Do you have extensive knowledge and a strong interest in blockchain technology and Web 3.0? Would you consider yourself a mentor with a marketing and account management background? Are you passionate about gaming and esports? If so, you’d be a perfect fit for the Senior Partnerships Manager role at Team Liquid.
In the Senior Partnerships Manager role, you will lead, develop, and execute strategies to retain and grow large-scale Partners. Your expertise, ideas, and recommendations will be instrumental in conducting internal and external communications and support the department head when approaching special projects.
Location: Flexible, this is a global opportunity that can be remote or based in Santa Monica, California or Utrecht, Netherlands
Your Day-to-day Responsibilities
- Oversee the ongoing management and execution of all projects and deliverables associated with Team Liquid’s Partners, including but not limited to new brand development, internal and external communication, and recommendations for enhancements that automate processes or generate additional revenue.
- Maintain high satisfaction with partners, agencies, vendors, influencers, and organizations, seeking to increase and maximize revenue with existing Partners by providing top-of-the-line service to Team Liquid clients through a solutions-driven approach and executing consistent follow-up.
- Build and manage a strong network of partners, clients, agencies, brands, influencers, banks, third-party vendors, and organizations, building deep-level relationships, continuously attending events, presentations and traveling to locations where our partners have offices.
- Supervise internal team members to develop behaviors, skills, and knowledge needed to promote high performance while ensuring they have the resources necessary to provide top-of-the-line service to our volunteers, sponsors, and vendors.
- Act as a liaison between internal and external stakeholders, third-party vendors, agencies, and organizations.
- Manage all incoming client requests and ongoing meetings, acting as the central point of contact, providing regular status reports and disseminating information to key stakeholders, seeking solutions, and ensuring client expectations are always met.
- Create, present, and provide briefs to internal stakeholders on initiatives and progress to ensure the completion of cross-functional tasks when taking ownership of deliverables.
- Present/communicate progress and outcome of projects to clients and determine best next steps.
- Maintain and update a status document with requested, pending, and completed deliverables.
- Assist the department head on all tasks regardless of focus or specialization.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Web3, Crypto, and NFT by staying up to date with trends, podcasts, and participating in discussions concerning the technology. You will lead Partners in a meaningful and authentic way through this evolving field.
Ideally You Have
- 5+ years of marketing experience
- Experience and extensive understanding of blockchain as a consumer product, NFT culture and community, Web3.0 and the metaverse, banking, treasury services, and international payments.
- 5+ years of account management experience
- Are a creative storyteller, with a proven track record of successfully launching and growing new businesses in payments, FinTech, crypto, or similar financial services
- 3+ years of experience building relationships with influencers, agencies, and vendors to execute deliverables across various channels
- Extensive experience developing strategy when running campaigns, planning and managing new client activations, navigating multiple schedules, and business deliverable deadlines to meet clients’ needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English
You Earn Bonus Points If You
- Have proven experience of building networks and networks with current clients and be self-sufficient with the network.
- Have an extensive understanding and interest in cryptocurrency, digital collectibles/art, or play-to-earn games.
- Are excited about one or more Web 3.0 projects (including NFT projects).
- Are active in Web3 discord servers
- Are enthusiastic about the Esports industry.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Management, Marketing, Finance, or relevant fields.