Are you passionate about Games? Esports? Content Creators? Music? Sports or Sneakers? Do you want to be a voice of a brand? Do you want to work for a global company that inspires and empowers youth culture?
SCUF Gaming is looking for a Social Media Coordinator to drive the brand’s editorial plan and content production for our social channels, and be responsible for tracking content performance, directing continuous improvement, reach and engagement. Successful candidates will consistently create compelling storylines that bring our products closer to our customers. They will also possess an understanding of social media tactics and strategies along with experience in overall online marketing and advertising. This position will be responsible for supporting the creation and execution strategies in a fast-paced, high-volume environment across all channels of the business. Much of the content creation requires collaboration with other people, so this individual will partner closely with internal stakeholder groups to meet specific production needs. Additionally, this individual has the organizational skills to coordinate multiple initiatives, prioritizing and re-prioritizing fluidly while keeping a high degree of accuracy and accountability.
The Social Media Coordinator supports a full range of projects in support of global branding and content strategy. This role is responsible for creating content to engage and educate key audiences, advance the company’s strategic priorities, and grow our social voice and impressions.
The ideal candidate will have social media experience at a corporate, agency or social channel. This individual should be familiar with web marketing, including branded content development, social media, digital advertising, and web analytics. The candidate should also possess a strong level of creativity and ability to try and sell new ideas.
AT ANY TIME, YOU WILL
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends
- Write engaging copy
- Design posts to grab follower’s attention and drive key actions
- Partner with the creative team, craft content for SCUF channels
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms
- Find creative ways to maximize content across platforms and media types
- Develops and manages content for use across all channels
- Serve as the brand steward in the process of content planning and production
- Drive compelling multi-platform social strategy, designed to accomplish larger corporate objectives
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – work prioritization, planning and time management
- Day-to-day contributor for all social networks; including scheduling, optimizing and strategy
- Be an aspiring writer or content creator
- Must understand the creative & marketing world
- Must understand the blog/vlog/podcast world
- Must have understanding or show interest in entrepreneurial brands and thought leaders
- Understand best practices for social media platforms
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a team
- Have at least 2-3 years of experience in social media
- Have a track record of speed, efficiency and creativity
- Have strong communication and presentation skills
- Be extremely organized
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a social media-focused role, ideally within esports or video game industries
- Understanding of the unique values and publishing methods to social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Twitch
- Strong knowledge of lifestyle, video games and esports communities
- Experience with social media listening and insights tools
- Excellent copywriting skills for all social platforms that’s informed by the brand’s social voice, tone, and style
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- A proactive self-starter who can anticipate needs and keep projects moving forward without constant oversight and direction from their manager
- Understanding of photoshop, illustrator, and premiere is a plus
Scuf Gaming offers competitive wages and benefits, including a relaxed and casual work environment. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer who participates in eVerify.