The Social Media Specialist will be working directly with our key talent, delivering cross-platform content to create and release new content while ensuring that we speak credibly to both our and our talent’s audiences.
You must have an eye for a good image and a good story, creating content with an editorial approach. You will ensure our talent has ample content to promote around their key events, promotional activity and to grow theirs and the G2 brand. In addition, you will be responsible for monitoring performance working cross-functionally with other teams to assess and optimise your content.
Our Social Media / Community Specialist has to be reliable, well-organized, and have a creative spark. We expect you to be innovative, proactive, and speak the community language. An excellent understanding of new and popular trends as well as esports knowledge of at least on our main teams is a must.
You should be comfortable working directly with players and creators, in an international group alongside the rest of our core staff and Content Team in Berlin, Germany and willing to travel to events as necessary.
Location: G2 Esports HQ – Berlin, Germany
- Responsible for managing community and Social Media accounts on: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and any additional relevant platform for G2 Esports talent
- Content development and creation for our G2 Esports professional players, handling copywriting, posting and community management as required
- Handle social image and video asset requests from and to players to support all relevant promotional activity and campaign activation
- Execute commercial and partnership requests related to players as required, requesting any support assets from Marketing where needed
- Work with players to help grow their brand alongside G2, and further leverage their audience for commercial and promotional opportunities
- Highly Communicative – you know how to stir up great conversation, foster engagement and interaction, and listen and relay to others what the community and our partners require and desire.
- Proactive and well-organized – you do not wait to be told what to do, you plan in advance, react flexibly on occuring news and always have some evergreen posts ready.
- Do not copy others but create our own – you are ahead of the curve in terms of content originality, creating new, original, meaningful and entertaining content.
- Excellent grasp on what community savours – you can demonstrate expert knowledge on current trends and recent happenings in the esports industry as a whole.
- Reddit Analyst and Twitter expert – you always look for the freshest memes, discussion topics, and tendencies within online communities, with an in depth knowledge of League of Legends
- Able and willing to travel to the most relevant G2 events
- 3 years experience as a social media/community specialist, or similar role. Esports experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Proactive attitude.
- Good communication and coordination skills. Experience working and coordinating with international team members is a plus.
- Native level oral and written communication in English.
- Enthusiasm and ambition to be the best.
- Curiosity – you want to be the first to know things and share it with G2 fans.
- Experience in working with Google Suite and/or Office applications such as Powerpoint, Excel and Word or similar.
- Availability to work on a full-time basis.
- Keen interest in esports is required.
- Currently residing in or able to relocate to Berlin.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with an esports community, team, organization or similar.
- Experience in Creative Marketing.
- Experience with data analysis, reporting, and providing insight.
- Hootsuite, Hubspot, Sprout Social, or similar Content Management System experience managing and publishing through multiple social media networks.