Who we are searching for:
- You are enthusiastic, a self-starter, and capable of problem-solving complex technical challenges.
- You are a mid-level, frontend, remote software engineer with 2+ years of experience in React.
At ESL, we are esports, our mission is to create a world where everybody can be somebody. As a Frontend Engineer at ESL you will be a member of one of the engineering teams building the tournament system that powers our flagship esports tournament platform ESL Play and in future other products. As the frontend expert of your team, you will be relied on for your expertise in frontend development to make smart decisions on how the frontend of the project is developed, implement best practices and assist other team members.
The frontend Software Engineer reports to our Sr Product Manager Technology and is a part of our global Technology team. This is a 100% remote temporary contract position with the ideal candidate residing in the CEST time zone.
What you’ll do:
- Lead in improving the frontend part of the product in all areas: technical, UI/UX and design
- Building and developing features for our Tournament Admin backend used by hundreds of staff to operate thousands of tournaments across PC, mobile and PlayStation
- Supporting the other backend team members with your frontend expertise
- Giving feedback & estimating upcoming work
- Planning work with your team
- Communicating with product owners & other teams
- Documenting in Confluence or in-repo
- Issues kept up to date & work logged in our issue tracker (JIRA)
What you need:
- Strong experience developing with React
- Strong experience with TypeScript
- A good sense of UI/UX best practices and the ability to transfer requirements into design and implementation
- You care about code quality, code reviewing and providing constructive feedback or critical suggestions for improvement
- You communicate efficiently and are motivated to pair program, learn from and mentor other engineers
- Excellent English in writing and verbal
Nice to Have:
- Our backend stack is Scala, so familiarity with Scala or JVM languages is helpful
- DevOps: experience with CI/CD pipelines, Docker etc
- Experience working with Web Sockets
ESL Gaming is the world’s largest esports and gaming lifestyle company. Since 1994, the company has been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation on a global scale across the most popular video games with numerous online and offline esports competitions, and through premier gaming lifestyle festivals. The company operates high-profile, branded international leagues and tournaments under the ESL Pro Tour, including ESL One, Intel® Extreme Masters, DreamHack Masters, ESL Pro League, and other preeminent, stadium-size tournaments. ESL Gaming also produces and hosts DreamHack Open tournaments, ESL National Championships, grassroots amateur cups, matchmaking systems, and DreamHack’s gaming lifestyle festivals — which feature everything gaming under one roof. ESL Gaming is part of MTG, the leading international digital entertainment group. More information is available at about.eslgaming.com.
ESL Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.