The global esports market generated over $1 billion in annual revenues in 2021; that’s a 50% increase from last year, driven primarily from sponsorships and advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans. Breaking records is part of the game, and we’re just getting started! Who’s we? Team Liquid (TL) is a world-renowned professional esports organization with offices in Santa Monica, CA, and the Netherlands; also ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes. We’re currently competing in over 15 different esports titles. We’re well on our way to helping shape the world of esports, all thanks to our incredible fans, athletes, influencers, content creators, Liquid+, and Liquipedia (the world’s most extensive esports wiki).
Are you pressing the pulse of culture? Do you use your voice to help people see eye to eye and enjoy communicating ideas and concepts creatively to include everyone on the ride? Are you a compassionate and strong leader? Would you consider yourself a perfect fit for the Senior Director of Marketing role available at Team Liquid?
In this role, you’ll be responsible for thought-leadership at the campaign level on all major marquee campaigns and projects. In addition, you will have total talent management of a large and growing group of diverse problem solvers and marketers, including Social Media, Campaign Management, and Events.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Annual, quarterly, and monthly strategic marketing planning of campaigns on behalf of the company with the express intent to meet or exceed company-wide objectives for brand and marketing
- Thought-leadership at the campaign level on all major marquee campaigns and projects
- Total talent management of a large and growing group of diverse problem solvers and marketers including, Social Media, Campaign Management, and Events.
- Directs the development of plans outlining key touchpoints messages, tracking and measuring the impact of brand narratives and external engagement opportunities that drive broader brand awareness
- Introduce and implement best in class pitches and integrated marketing efforts for our Sales and Partnerships teams
- Develop a compelling content strategy that resonates with sales and revenue personas and educational training on standards, guidelines, best practices, operational priorities, and how content can fit within the brand guidelines for campaigns and activations to ensure growth aligns with the brand.
- Provide strategic direction and vision for our social media team and grow our heart-share and reach into popular culture.
- Collaborate with partners and internal departments to deliver the brand story and produce content aligned with our overall vision and mission.
What You’ll Need:
- At least 7+ years of marketing experience
- Proven track record of successful team management experience in large workforces (distributed team experience is a bonus)
- You likely have some agency and in-house experience as a brand builder and marketer
- Extensive working knowledge on earned media and paid media strategies
- You have strong presentation skills, both written and verbal
- You understand what it takes to build strong business cases