Who We Are
Cloud9 Esports is the premier esports organization in the world. Fielding twelve professional teams in eleven different games, Cloud9’s reach is unparalleled – generating more viewer hours than cable networks like CNN or ESPN. In 2017, Nielsen declared Cloud9 as the most recognized esports brand in the US and UK. Cloud9 is one of two organizations globally to own franchises in both the League of Legends LCS and the Overwatch League.
What We’re Looking For
Cloud9 is looking for full-time passionate Team Managers who have a strong desire and drive to grow with us. The expectation is for you to become a successful Team Manager. You will lead day-to-day operations and long term strategic planning for our competitive teams. To be successful, you will need an eye for talent both on and off the roster, strong management and leadership traits, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a focus on process and organizational optimization and development.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Drive competitive success
- Oversee and manage a group to execute on required day-to-day operations
- Work closely with and advise Content, Social, Partnership, and Sales teams to execute on deliverables and player/team growth initiatives to meet yearly KPI’s
- Coordinate with tournament organizers to provide suitable competition environments consistent with past tournaments and competitions
- Oversee all immigration processes for your assigned team
- Oversee and coordinate all travel for your assigned team
- Gather, analyze, and report relevant data to upper management
- Implement long-term and short-term planning processes
- Build and support scouting and data analytics teams
- Other responsibilities as assigned from time to time
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to critically think on the fly to address any issues that arise
- Working knowledge and understanding of event management and tournament operations
- Must be able to prioritize and lead multiple projects on time and within budget
- Strategic thinker with excellent leadership, management, and communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to navigate both internal and external parties
- Expert in process improvement and development
- Knowledge of the industry and its key players
- Tech savvy, ability to troubleshoot any computer issues that may arise
- Have a driver’s license and be able to commute for work when necessary
- Must have a valid passport and be able to travel for work
- Flexible and able to work a nontraditional 9 to 5 work schedule
- Local to Los Angeles or willing to relocate to Los Angeles
- No previous esports experience required
- Experience dealing with sports immigration matters (P-1A, P-1S, Greencard)
- Experience working with legal counsel to write contracts and acquire necessary immigration paperwork
- Professional proficiency in Korean with ability to translate between English and Korean
- Medical, dental, vision, HSA, and a matching 401K!
- We believe in work/life balance and hence we offer a generous paid time off policy.
- Fast-paced environment within a rapidly growing company.
- Access to industry-leading esports resources and community.
- Part of a winning team with a growth mindset.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cloud9 Esports is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunity to individuals who are qualified to perform job requirements regardless of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital or domestic partnership status, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Cloud9 is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cloud9 will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.