CORSAIR is looking for a Technical Marketing Specialist to join our European team. This role is highly technical in the PC field and requires a passion for and extensive knowledge of building PCs, different peripherals, and the PC hardware industry in general. They will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to either quickly answer, or gain the knowledge to answer, complex product questions.
The ideal candidate will be a PC and gaming enthusiast who has vast experience with both PC hardware and peripherals, and be able to explain, in depth, not only the function of each component, but also the individual features of a single product.
Knowledge of compiling and presenting data in both spreadsheet and presentable form is also a requirement. The candidate should be able to spot trends, positive as well as negative from collected data and suggest actions in form of either informative videos, blog posts or product changes.
Trade show experience, online forum presence, and writing experience is heavily valued and candidates with experience in one or all of these categories will be given strong consideration.
Position Summary, Responsibilities and Expectations:
Technical Marketing at CORSAIR is a key role. You will act as an advocate for the customer as well as create innovative ways to explain the features and benefits of our products to them. You will travel to trade shows, perform product testing, create training documentation, interact with end-users both online and in-person, stay up to date with the latest tech and trends, and provide valuable feedback to the product development team that will be incorporated into future products.
This position specifically will be heavily focused on the components and peripheral side of the business and requires a strong knowledge in the entire CORSAIR product lineup.
- Develop an extensive knowledge of the complete CORSAIR product lineup
- Interact daily with customers on the CORSAIR.com forums to discuss DIY topics.
- Create and deliver reports with customer feedback on new, as well as existing products.
- Answer and log costumer questions/reviews from CORSAIR.com forums and external sites
- Assist in localizing English content such as videos and technical specifications sheets.
- Work with other CORSAIR team members, such as sales and PR, to create compelling content for their products or events.
- Perform benchmarking and comparison tests in a laboratory setting, with excellent documentation and benefit propositions.
- Build up PCs for photo shoots, trade shows, and other online builder’s galleries.
- Provide reseller and sales training.
- Create user-focused how-to content.
- Assist with all other TM responsibilities.
- Attend trade shows.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Fluency in German – spoken and written
- 3+ years building and gaming on PCs, with a heavy focus on custom building and gaming
- Must have excellent time management skills and be able to meet tight deadlines.
- Passion about the PC industry and where it’s headed. Knowledge of where it’s come from.
- Strong knowledge of PC benchmarking suites like AIDA, 3DMark, SuperPi, Unigine, and various 3D game related benchmarking tools.
- Ability to discuss PC industry trends intelligently and rationally with customers both in-person and online.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English. Other languages such as French, Spanish and Italian will be an advantage.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%. (when current travel limitations are lifted)
- Must be capable of on-camera / voice over work describing product features and benefits.
- College degree in a relevant marketing, engineering, or business field preferred.