Are you an UX designer passionate about esports? Then look no further!
META Games, creator of esports MOBA manager game RIVALS, is looking for an experienced UX Designer to join our team as we expand to add a new and exciting game to our roster. This is an opportunity to join a successfully funded mobile startup in Berlin’s famous and vibrant startup scene. Our vision is “Live your esports passion!” – for our players and ourselves. Our mission is to offer fun and authentic mobile games that will be enjoyed by millions of esports enthusiasts around the globe.
We are looking for an experienced UX Designer to become part of our core team in Berlin. Your task is to take full ownership of the UX in a new mobile free-to-play game where the player takes on the role of a manager of a CS:GO team. You will work alongside our Game Director and help shape the structure and interaction of the game with your insights in user interaction and behaviour. By your side, you have an UI Artist that focuses on creating the polished assets that make your wireframes come to life. Together with the team, we will craft an experience for CS:GO fans that feels both fun and authentic.
Ideally you have a background in the mobile games industry, a relevant degree and a passion for esports.
- Research similar mobile manager games as well as CS:GO to understand the audience expectations, hopes and dreams
- Communicate ideas both visually and verbally through static mockups, interactive prototypes or presentations
- Create wireframes and test them against internal and external users
- Create rules and guidelines for how the UI positions itself and elements behave across screens
- Design and implement user interfaces for our game from concept to completion
- Iterate together with our core team to continuously improve the user experience
- You have experience developing UX for games, preferably mobile
- You are able to take ideas and transform them into beautiful, intuitive and functional user interfaces
- You have a profound understanding or user behaviour and expectations when interacting with mobile apps
- You have a well-iterated design process for developing user interfaces
- You have a natural eye for layout, composition, typography, colour and spacing that you can bring together to create highly polished user interfaces
- You thrive in a highly fluid environment and enjoy being part of iterative design processes, bringing in your UX know-how early on
- You are a problem solver at heart, willing to learn what you don’t already know and are proactively looking for answer
- You can prove your abilities with a portfolio of recent work
- You follow esports and know how to handle an AWP
- You enjoy playing mobile games
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Great knowledge of Adobe Suite
- Experience with Prototyping/Wireframing tools such as Adobe Xd, Figma or Sketch
- You have helped to design games previously for the mid-core mobile games market
- Experience implementing in Unity
- Relevant degree in for example user interaction, sociology, game design, communication design or interactive arts
- Experience adapting user interfaces to different platforms
What we offer:
- A competitive salary in a successfully funded gaming studio
- The opportunity to work in the vibrant start-up scene in Berlin
- The opportunity to work in two of the most exciting industries in the world – Esports and Gaming
- The opportunity to shape both culture and vision in a new game from the very start
- The ability to own your work, but to collaborate with a knowledgeable and enthusiastic team.
- Does this sound like you? Then please send your resume, cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org