G2 is one of the world’s leading entertainment and esports brands. G2 was co-founded in 2015 by legendary League of Legends player-turned-team owner, Carlos ‘ocelote’ Rodriguez, and veteran esports entrepreneur and investor, Jens Hilgers. In the past five years, G2 has built a global fanbase of over 35 million fans spanning EMEA, North American, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
G2 is looking for a Team Manager to lead our VALORANT team. This is a full-time position with a start date as soon as possible. This position is remote, the possibility to relocate to Berlin is a plus.
- Be the first point of contact for players in all points in regards to their day-to-day and long-term development:
_ Lead our team of players by providing guidance, development and mentorship to ensure they are in the best condition possible to perform at their best
_ Educate players on G2 Code of Conduct, policies and ongoing plan
_ Ensure a high standard of living, which includes healthy food, regular check ups, fitness and healthy sleep schedule. Players should practice, play and live in a healthy and clean environment.
- Work closely with Senior Management to develop and maintain a coaching and team support staff structure consistent with G2’s short and long term goals.
- Serve as on-site manager during LAN events
- Understand all rules and regulations of Valorant, and ensure compliance and consistency among staff and players
- Hands on and prompt communication to supervisors regarding team operations, as well as general atmosphere
- Manage league required paperwork submission throughout the year, as well as visa application for international travel, in coordination with G2 staff, agents and league officials
- Ensure that players follow brand guidelines, use, promote and assist in the development of G2 and partner merchandise / products
- Attend meetings as required cross-departments in G2 and support comms both in and out of meetings which includes
_ Assist with incoming requests from G2 marketing, merchandise and sales teams
_ Assist our content and creative teams in the production of content and social media related to our Valorant team, utilizing our valuable assets: our professional Valorant players.
- Lead communication on behalf of the G2 Valorant team and in close cooperation with supervisors.
- Ensure social, friendly and productive atmosphere in the team environment at all times
- Proven work experience of 3+ years as a General Manager, Team Manager, Coach or similar
- Excellent understanding of PR and Branding
- Deep understanding of the esports scene and ambitious following of Valorant
- Always willing to go the extra mile for players when needed
- Outgoing and social personality
- Fluency in English (German is a plus, any other language is also a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Fast learner – you will work in one of the fastest-paced industries
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to offline events
- Ability to relocate to Berlin, Germany, at some point in the future
Your benefits working at G2 Esports
Work Culture. You will be surrounded by experienced, successful and ambitious co-workers that will push you to your limits in a positive and inspiring working atmosphere. A workplace where unity, honesty, pioneering, fairness and integrity are valued.
Perks. Competitive salary; office in the heart of Berlin; gym membership; great IT equipment; flexible working times; additional holidays & being a part of the G2 family.
Development. Get mentored by some of the best within Esport and access a wide network of great people and companies inside and outside of the industry.